Congrats! You have filed your Annual ITR. 😄 One last thing that you'll need to complete - submit your ITR attachments to the BIR's eAFS submission portal: https://eafs.bir.gov.ph/eafs.
The BIR announced the options that can be used by taxpayers to submit attachments for their 2019 Income Tax Returns through RMC No. 49-2020. Aside from submission in the RDO, the bureau developed the eAFS online portal to make complying easier for the taxpayer.
In this article, we will show you three things:
- How you can download your attachments from Taxumo.
- How you can compile your attachments in a single file.
- And lastly, how to use the eAFS portal for your attachment submission.
How to Download your Attachments from Taxumo
We have made some files available for you to download in the Taxumo app. Just follow these simple instructions to download.
- Login to Your Taxumo Account.
- Select "Attachments - eAFS" on the left side of the screen. You will be presented a screen where all the necessary attachments can be downloaded.
- Download the files that you need:
How to Download Your Form 1701 or 1701A
1. Click on the appropriate form that you wish to download.
2. The form will open in a new browser tab. Click on PRINT on the upper right side of the screen.
3. Select SAVE AS PDF (or a similar option) for the destination and click SAVE. If that option is not available, you may need to download a PDF printer that allows you to Print to PDF. We recommend the free CutePDF Writer. You can see instructions on how to download it below.
4. Your file should then download to your chosen location.
How to Download Your Other Attachment Files
1. Click on the file that you want to download (example: BIR Notification or AAB Payment Confirmation)
2. The file should automatically download to your computer.
How to Compile Your Attachments into a Single File
Before we proceed, you should know that some of the files in Taxumo are in PDF format, and some are in image format (PNG or JPEG files). The only valid file format for upload in eAFS is PDF. Because of this, we will need to learn how we can convert those image files into a PDF file.
Convert your image files into a PDF File.
1. Make sure you have a PDF Printer. A PDF Printer allows you to use your computer’s print command to turn any image or document into a PDF file. If you have "Microsoft Print to PDF" or a similar "print to PDF" option in your printer list, then you are good! Otherwise, download and install a 3rd party PDF Printer. If you're using a Windows computer, we recommend CutePDF. You can download CutePDF from Ninite.com ᵃ
2. OPEN the image you want to convert and click on the Printer icon or use the Print command of your image viewer.
3. Select your PDF Printer or CutePDF as your printer from the drop-down and click on PRINT.
4. Choose the location/folder, type the name of the file you'd like to convert, and click SAVE.
5. Go to the folder where you saved your PDF. It should be properly converted.
Repeat these steps for any image file that you want to convert into a PDF.
How to Compile Multiple PDFs into a Single PDF File
Now that you've converted your attachments to PDF, let's learn how you can compile them into a single PDF.
If you are on a Mac, you can use your Mac's Preview to merge PDF's. You can see the steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-ph/HT202945
If you're using a Windows computer, we suggest using the free and open-source merger called PDFSam Basic ᵃ. Follow these simple steps to compile your files using PDFSam Basic:
1. Open the PDFSam Basic Application and Select Merge from the dashboard.
2. Select the files that you would like to compile into a single PDF by dragging the files into the upload area or clicking the ADD button on the upper left part of the screen.
3. Click on RUN on the bottom left part of the screen to start merging the files.
4. Click on OPEN to view the merged PDF.
5. Rename the files to the prescribed naming convention of the BIR. In this case, we are preparing File #1 so the file name should be EAFSXXXXXXXXXITR2019. Where XXXXXXXXX is the 9-digit TIN and 2019 is the taxable year.
Repeat these steps for your attachments for File #2 and File #3 and follow the following naming convention prescribed by the BIR:
File #2 - EAFSXXXXXXXXXAFS2019
File #3 - EAFSXXXXXXXXXOTH2019-01
where XXXXXXXXX is your 9-digit TIN
where 2019 is your taxable year
and where 01 - is the first file in the series (applicable for File #3)
How to Submit your Annual ITR Attachments Using eAFS Submission Portal
Now that you have your files ready, let's go ahead and learn how to submit them to the BIR using eAFS.
Just follow these easy steps:
1. Go to the eAFS Website at https://eafs.bir.gov.ph/eafs
2. Create an account by clicking on NOT REGISTERED?
3. Complete the account registration form and click on SUBMIT.
4. Verify your account by clicking on the link sent to your email. Once successful, you'll be lead to this page. Login to your eAFS account using the username and password that you created.
5. Click on File Upload on the left side of the screen.
6. Upload your File #1 by clicking on the Choose button on the row of Income Tax Return. Wait for the file to completely upload and repeat these steps for File #2 and File #3.
7. Click on the submit button at the bottom of the page once all attachments are uploaded.
8. Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation email from the BIR with the transaction number for your submission.
And that's it! You are now done with your submission attachments for your 2019 Annual ITR filing.
If you need help in navigating around attachments in Taxumo, send us a message through the chat button on the lower right part of the screen.
ᵃ Taxumo has tested and tried out these recommended software applications and have verified that they are legitimate. Taxumo is in no way for any damage or loss incurred due to use of these software applications.