Congrats! You have filed your Income Tax Return. 😄 One last thing that you'll need to complete - submit your ITR attachments to the BIR's eAFS submission portal: https://eafs.bir.gov.ph/eafs.
The BIR announced the options that can be used by taxpayers to submit attachments for their Income Tax Returns through RMC No. 49-2020 and RMC No. 82-2020. Aside from submission in the RDO, the bureau developed the eAFS online portal to make complying easier for the taxpayer.
In this article, you will be able to determine:
1. Where can you download your quarterly income tax return attachments from Taxumo
2. What are the files that you need to combine and how to name them
3. How to submit the combined files thru BIR eAFS webpage
Where to download your quarterly income tax return attachments from Taxumo
1. Login to your Taxumo account
2. Go to Tax dues and select the Past Filings tab
3. Select the completed income tax quarterly filing that you need to submit
4. Click View Form to check the actual tax form and the dropdown on the side to view BIR confirmation, tax payment record (if there’s any) and SAWT confirmation
5. The form will open in a new browser tab. Click on PRINT on the upper right side of the screen
6. Select SAVE AS PDF (or a similar option) for the destination and click SAVE. If that option is not available, you may need to download a PDF printer that allows you to Print to PDF.
7. Your file should then download to your chosen location
What are the files that you need to combine and how to name them
Income Tax Return (ITR): a copy of your ITR and the confirmation email from BIR. If an amendment was made, the latest amendment should be attached.
Others (OTH): Other files like prior year’s ITR and confirmation if with tax credits (negative in the previous year), SAWT confirmations, form 2304s if you have income payments not subjected to withholding tax, Duly approved Tax Debit Memo (if applicable) and for amended return, attach the original ITR and confirmation (proof of tax payments and the return previously filed).
Tax Credits (TCR): This file will contains all copies of your 2307 received, 2316s (mixed-income individuals), form 1606s, which is the remittance return seal of real properties, proof of foreign tax credits if you are claiming foreign tax credit and proof of other tax credits, if applicable.
Once you've successfully downloaded all of your attachments, you'll have to compile them into a single file. This is a comprehensive user guide on how you can compile your attachments whether you're using Windows or Mac OS: How to merge your attachments into a single file (Windows or Mac)
How to Rename your Files following the Proper Naming Convention
When you are done compiling all your attachments into a single file, you'll have to rename these files to the prescribed naming convention of the BIR as listed below:
File #1 - EAFSXXXXXXXXXITR#QMMYYYY
File #3 - EAFSXXXXXXXXXOTH#QMMYYYY
File #4 - EAFSXXXXXXXXXTCR#QMMYYYY-01
where XXXXXXXXX is your 9-digit TIN
where #Q is the quarter you're filing for (i.e. 1Q, 2Q, 3Q)
where MM is the month end of the taxable quarter
where YYYY is your taxable year
and where 01 - is the first file in the series (applicable for File #4)
How to Submit your Annual ITR Attachments Using eAFS Submission Portal
Now that you have your files ready, let's go ahead and learn how to submit them to the BIR using eAFS.
Just follow these easy steps:
1. Go to the eAFS Website at https://eafs.bir.gov.ph/eafs
2. Create an account by clicking on NOT REGISTERED?
3. Complete the account registration form and click on SUBMIT.
4. Verify your account by clicking on the link sent to your email. Once successful, you'll be lead to this page. Login to your eAFS account using the username and password that you created.
5. Click on File Upload on the left side of the screen.
6. Upload your File #1 by clicking on the Choose button on the row of Income Tax Return. Wait for the file to completely upload and repeat these steps for File #3, and File #4.
7. Click on the submit button at the bottom of the page once all attachments are uploaded.
8. Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation email from the BIR with the transaction number for your submission.
Note: If ever you have forgotten the password to your eAFS account, you can refer to the Annex of RMC. 49-2020 under the II. Password Management section.
And that's it! You are now done with your submission attachments for your ITR filing.
If you need help in navigating around attachments in Taxumo, send us a message through the chat button on the lower right part of the screen.
Note: This article is updated as of July 26 2022.