Hey there! I see you are ready to bring your career to the next level, huh?! That's really great!

So, just to give you a quick brief, the Freelancer Registration usually takes 4 to 5 weeks, on average. There are some cases where registrations only take 3 weeks, but that really depends on the Revenue District Office (RDO; that's the branch of the BIR) you will be registering in.

Here's a link to help you know if you need to transfer your RDO first.

What requirements do I need to prepare?

Personally go to your Barangay to get these (your barangay needs to do some "due diligence" on you and the services that you are offering):

  • Occupational Tax Receipt (OTR) - If you do not have an OTR yet, click this link and fill out this Authorization Letter to apply for an OTR. Please note that there is an additional fee of Php 3,500 (inclusive of actual fees + service fee).

  • Barangay Clearance - get this from your Barangay, too.

Prepare these, too, for the BIR RDO (We can help you process your BIR registration):

  • Form 1901 (3 copies originally signed by you)

  • Approved Form 1905 - This is applicable if you processed the RDO Transfer ahead of time. If you need help with transferring, you may refer to this link on the Fees and Requirements for the RDO Transfer. RDO transfer is needed if your TIN is not "linked" to the RDO of your business address.

  • Form 0605 (3 copies)

  • Clear Scanned copy of Birth Certificate

  • Marriage Certificate (If applicable)

  • 2 Valid IDs (3 copies)

  • Proof of Billing (make sure that it is under your name and indicates the address you registered as your business address)

  • Title of Property - If property is owned under a different name, an Authorization Letter from the listed owner is needed, to certify the usage of address as place of business. If business address is part of a Home Owner’s Association, Certification is needed from the association, allowing your address to be registered as place of business.

  • Lease contract -  This is alternative to the title of property, if the address you will register is just rented or leased. If you availed of a Virtual Address, this is the contract or agreement with them.

  • Copy of Client/Project Contract - i.e. Your MoA or Contract with your client or the company you work for. If you do not have a MoA or Contract, then any proof of the nature of your freelancing work will do (i.e Printed screenshot of your website or portfolio)

If you need Taxumo's help, please prepare these, too (3 copies each):

How much should I pay?

The Freelancer Registration Fee is Php 11,750 (inclusive of processing fees and actual BIR Fees; exclusive of VAT).

At the end of the process, you will have:

  • Your Certificate of Registration

  • Your Authority to Print

  • Your Stamped Books of Accounts

  • Your first 10 Official Receipt booklets

Where do I send these requirements?

You may have them delivered to Taxumo, Inc., addressed at: Unit 121, SoHo Tower, Avida Citiflex, 34th St. cor. Lane T, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, 1630.

Please note that Taxumo BizReg hours are from 9:00AM to 3:00PM only. Documents that arrive after 3PM and on weekends are to be checked the next business day. 

Please note that day one of processing starts when ALL documents are complete and payment has been received by Taxumo.

Did this answer your question?