We created Taxumo from the ground up and security was a MAJOR consideration all through out development.
Giving out too much information may open us up to a targeted attack but this is what I CAN share:
- Data is encrypted end to end via SSL/TLS so this eliminates any MITM attacks.
- We don't store any financial information (credit card info, paypal accounts, etc) - payments are all done via proven payment gateways (Paypal, DragonPay, etc).
- 24-hour threat management protects Taxumo from malware, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS), man-in-the-middle (MITM), and other threats.
- Taxumo's architecture was designed in a distributed, mutually exclusive way. Access controls and security are implemented between different components of the architecture as well.
- Internal processes within the company ensure that data can be seen/accessed only on a need-to-know basis, depending on job function.
We are also monitoring and constantly updating our security protocols to make sure your data is safe and secure.
Most recent attacks of popular systems/websites have been mostly done via Social Hacking, so it is still vital that you yourself as a user remain alert:
- Be weary of phishing sites that imitate Taxumo
- We will NEVER ask for your password so never give it out to anyone
- Only delegate access to people you trust (and have a "security is everyone's responsibility" mindset)
- Avoid using Taxumo on public terminals
- Ensure the PC you are using has not been compromised by any Trojans, Keyloggers, or any malicious software
We at Taxumo endeavor to ensure the platform and your data is as secure and private as it can be. We, however, need your help as well to ensure YOUR data is safe and secure.