All Collections
Business Registration and Renewal
I want to get registered as a Sole Proprietor. What do I need to do?
I want to get registered as a Sole Proprietor. What do I need to do?

#GetStarted with Taxumo

EJ Arboleda avatar
Written by EJ Arboleda
Updated over a week ago

Hey there! Great to know that you are now ready to bring your business to the next level!

So, just to give you a quick brief, the Sole Proprietor Registration usually takes 6 to 8 weeks, on average. This is because the local business permits are to be secured first, before the actual BIR Registration Process. 

Here's a link to help you know 

What requirements do I need to prepare?

  • Form 1901 (3 copies)

  • Approved Form 1905 - This is applicable if you processed the RDO Transfer ahead of time. If you need help with transferring, you may refer to these links to know if you need to transfer your RDO, as well as the Fees and Requirements for the RDO Transfer.

  • Form 0605 (3 copies)

  • Mayor's Permit

  • Clear Scanned copy of Birth Certificate

  • Marriage Certificate (If applicable)

  • 2 Valid IDs (3 copies)

  • Proof of Billing

  • Title of Property - If property is owned under a different name, an Authorization Letter from the listed owner is needed, to certify the usage of address as place of business. If business address is part of a Home Owner’s Association, Certification is needed from the association, allowing your address to be registered as place of business.

  • Lease contract -  This is alternative to the title of property, if the address you will register is just rented or leased. If you availed of a Virtual Address, this is the contract or agreement with them.

  • Pictures of inside and outside the business address (printed in 3R size)

  • Barangay Clearance

  • DTI Certificate

  • Special Power of Attorney (SPA) - Photocopies of the SPA are NOT ALLOWED. You must print 3 separate copies and sign them.

  • Authorization Letter - Intended for the Taxumo Processor handling your registration

There may also be some conditional compliances that may be required by the local government you will be registering in. Separate fees are applicable for these:

  • Occupancy Permit

  • Fire Safety Inspection Certificate

  • Building Permit

  • Certification of No Renovation from the Owner - City Hall will require a visit to the business address you will be registering. If the Inspector requires improvements, then Renovation Permit is necessary.

How much should I pay?

The Freelancer Registration Fee is Php 28, 750 (inclusive of processing fees, actual LGU Fees, and actual BIR Fees) + VAT.

Where do I send these requirements?

You may have them delivered to Taxumo, Inc., addressed at: Unit 121, SoHo Tower, Avida Citiflex, 34th St. cor. Lane T, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, 1630.

     Please note that Taxumo EasyReg hours are from 9:00AM to 3:00PM only. Documents that arrive after 3PM and on weekends are to be processed the next business day. 

Did this answer your question?