All Collections
How to Use Taxumo
Filing and Paying through Taxumo
How do I enter withheld taxes if I am the withholding agent?
How do I enter withheld taxes if I am the withholding agent?

How to withhold taxes in Taxumo

EJ Arboleda avatar
Written by EJ Arboleda
Updated over a week ago

The recommended way is to enter it via your expenses:

Step 1 - Enter your expense as normal by pressing on the Add Expense button:

Step 2 - Enter the expense details as normal. Before submitting, be sure to TICK the "Has Expanded Withholding Tax" box:

Step 3 - Upon submission, you'll be taken to a screen where you enter the details of the taxes you are withholding:

The Payee Name, the "base amount", and the date are carried over.

Fill out the rest of the fields with the appropriate information.

Once done, the SUBMIT button will be enabled and you can submit the form. It will look like this:

And you're done!

If you go to the list of Issued Withheld Taxes, you should see the entry there:

From there, you can click on View Form, to automatically generate the Form 2307 that you'll give to the supplier along with the payment.

This data is then used to fill out your 0619E (Monthly Remittance Form of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld) and your 1601EQ (Quarterly Remittance Return of Creditable Income Taxes Withheld).

*Note that you can also enter the WHT Entry directly by going to  Withheld Tax > Issued. We provided this so that you have maximum flexibility and control over your tax forms. Take note, however, that there might be some inconsistencies with your books of accounts reports if you do this, so we recommend you always enter via the Enter Expense functionality (as described above).

Did this answer your question?