You're probably wondering why everyone has been so busy looking for ways to easily and efficiently file their Annual Income Tax. Here is why you should start getting busy too!
1.) What is the Annual Income Tax Return (ITR) for?
The ITR is an annual tax form that an individual files every April 15th of the following year. This form summarizes all of the earnings you have incurred for the past year, and because of the TRAIN Law, there are now 3 types of forms available for you to file you annual ITR:
- Form 1700 - This form is for individuals who have more than one (1) employer within the year, thus, resulting to non-qualification for the substituted filing.
- Form 1701 - This form is for individuals who have chosen the Itemized deduction method, or for those who are Mixed Income Earners.
- Form 1701A - This form is for individuals earning purely from their profession or their business, or for those who have availed of the 8% Flat Income Tax option last year.
2.) This is my first time to use Taxumo but I need an ITR. Where do I start?
- I am already registered and I have a Certificate of Registration: First, create a Taxumo Account, then fill out 4th Quarter details. Make sure that you have your past tax filings and 2307 forms on hand.
- I am not yet registered, but I really need an ITR for this year: First, create a Taxumo Account, then fill out 4th Quarter details. Afterwards, you may visit Taxumo EasyReg to have a better idea on how to get registered with the BIR this year.
3.) When can I start using Taxumo for 1701 Forms?
The BIR Forms 1701 and 1701A are now available in Taxumo.
If you need a Form 1700, send us a message, and we will send you a list of requirements we would need to process that for you.
4.) How do I fill out the Fields in Taxumo's 1701 forms
For 1701A: You may refer to this instructional video on what fields and details are needed.
For 1701: You may refer to this instructional video on what fields and details are needed.
5.) Do I need to fill out the form in eBIR Forms?
If you are availing of the Compute ONLY option in Taxumo, yes, you would have to fill out the form in eBIR Forms and pay your tax dues via an Authorized Agent bank of your RDO or the city of your business address.
If you are availing of the Compute + File option in Taxumo, we will be filing your tax form for you. All you have to do next is to pay your tax dues via an Authorized Agent Bank (AAB) of your RDO or the city of your business address.
6. Can Taxumo File and Pay my Annual Income Tax Forms (1701/1701A/1700) for me?
For this year, since ALL THE FORMS are new, we highly recommend that you pay for it at an Authorized Agent Bank. Here is a list of the AABs. Next year, once all the dust has settled we plan to automate this process end-to-end.
7. How much are your ITR Preparation / ITR Preparation and Filing services?
- Prepare Only - Php 3500
- Prepare + File - Php 5000 (not available since April 12, 3:00 pm)
- Prepare Only - Php 5000
- Prepare + File – Php 6500 (For those who availed of our 1701 reservation rates, all of you will be given a Compute + File functionality); (not available since April 12, 3:00 pm)
8. I am a Taxumo Prepaid and Premium user, what do I need to do?
For Taxumo DIY Prepaid Plan / DIY Prepaid Plan+ Users:
- If you are filing a Form 1701A, simply log in to your Taxumo account and choose the "Compute + File" option, as the processing fees for the Form 1701A has already been pre-paid when you subscribed.
- If you are filing a Form 1701, you will no longer see a "Reserve A Slot" button, because you are technically already pre-reserved when you subscribed. Once the form becomes available in Taxumo, you may choose the "Compute + File" option.
For Taxumo Premium Users:
- If you are registered within Metro Manila, we will be filing and paying for your tax dues for you.
- If you are registered outside Metro Manila, we will be filing your tax form for you, and we will send you instructions on how to pay your tax dues in your city or RDO's respective Authorized Agents Banks.
9. When do I get a BIR Confirmation?
You will get a BIR Confirmation within the week after the Taxumo deadline of filing.
Here are the Taxumo deadlines you have to take note of:
- Compute ONLY - April 15, 2019
- Compute + File - April 13, 2019
- For Taxumo Premium Users - April 10, 2019
10.) Where do I get to Payment confirmation?
After you have submitted your tax form via Taxumo, you will see the form’s progress in the “Past Filings” tab. This is where you will get the BIR Email Confirmation if you availed Compute + File option.
The status will be “Completed” within a week after the Taxumo deadline of filing.
If you have other questions about your Annual Income Tax, please do chat with us by pressing the chat button on the lower right side of this page.